Finance Manager - Roxby Downs, SA
Key Management Role
- Flexibility in either Full-time or Part-time Employment
- Modern Living Conditions
- 'Hands On'
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an astute, well experienced Finance Manager to lead the finance team of the Municipal Council of Roxby Downs in SA.
Roxby Downs is a modern, safe and family friendly town with a great community lifestyle. Roxby has modern housing, facilities, amenities and activities including the diversity of multi-culturalism. There are interesting events, sports, gym, swimming pools, golf club, cinema, good primary and secondary education and early child-care centres. Roxby Downs is a progressive town where jobs are available and the township is well supported by BHP Billiton and the SA Government. Located 5.5 hours north of Adelaide CBD, it is an easy drive on a modern highway between Roxby and Adelaide.
As the current Finance Manager of 6 years is leaving, this Full-time role is for immediate start but can be offered as a Part-time position for the right applicant. Flexible work conditions are also on offer.
The annual turnover of Council is around $19 million per annum. Council has around 90 employees offering the normal local government services, a state of the art recreational and leisure centre (the community hub) and operates Roxby Power and Roxby Water.
The applicant should possess great interpersonal, communication, leadership and management skills; flexible and adaptable, high work ethic, excellent time management, high attention to detail, sharp business acumen, analytical, problem solver and a good mentor to the finance team. This role is currently in a change management environment.
Reporting to the Council Administrator, the key responsibilities are:
- Effective management and supervision of 5 staff members in the finance team
- Contribute high level advice as part of the executive management team
- Forward planning, forecasting and streamlining of annual financial budget
- Quarterly review of budgets and budget variances
- Management and development of the financial management system and its associated internal controls
- Strategic management, performance management and risk management for future planning and growth
- Evaluate, develop and streamline the financial and business systems
- Preparation of financial statements and reports, interpretation of reports, data analysis, payroll functions, industrial awards and EBA issues, business services, business loans and government funding
- Project costing and management
- Liaising with external Auditors
- Ensure the integrity, accurate compilation and documentation of all financial and business data will meet compliance to legislative and regulatory standard, adopting the best procedures and practices
- Assist in the administration of government grants and meeting funding requirements
- Maintain contracts and insurance register
- Salary packaging, Purchasing lease, WorkCover, Superannuation, BAS, GST and FBT knowledge and government returns
- Foster key relationship within and outside of Council and develop strategic partnerships for the future growth of the region
- Ensure a safe workplace in WHS compliance within the finance team
The Finance Manager should also have at least 5 years proven financial accounting and business management experience, preferably with CA or CPA qualifications. Local government experience will be a plus although not essential.
Computer literacy in Microsoft Excel and Word is essential. Experience in maintaining a multiuser finance system would be highly regarded.
This position is a performance based contract role with an attractive negotiable remuneration package based on the candidate's merit. Housing/remote living allowance and other additional allowances, mobile and internet will be included.
Attn: Theresa Bunyon
All confidential enquiries:-
Mob: 0413 609 102